In this blog we share our home brewed chai tea recipe. We know some days it’s impossible to get out of the house with the kids or have them sit still long enough at your favourite café for you to enjoy a hot cuppa. Instead, you can make a soothing spiced chai tea in the comfort of your own kitchen. Here’s our recipe for a home brewed chai tea.
Home Brewed Chai Tea Recipe
- 8 cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of black tea
- Milk to taste
- Honey to taste
- Place the cardamom, cloves and peppercorns in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You can also use a mortar and pestle
- Bring 4 cups of water to the boil and add the crushed spices along with the cinnamon sticks, ginger and black tea. Boil for 3 – 5 minutes depending on how strong you like your chai
- Strain into your favourite tea cup. Add milk and honey to taste
We hope you love our home brewed chai tea recipe as much as we do! If you don’t fancy stocking the above spices in your cupboard then you can often pick up a great pre-made chai tea blend at your local health food or organic store.
Keep up with all the latest news, product releases, behind the scenes and much more on our Facebook and Instagram pages.